"Core values" refer to what we believe to be important in setting ministry policies and directions. They are spiritual and ethical values to be agreed upon by all members with a view of bringing full glory to God. The following core values keep em members accountable to one another and to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be inerrant and the only authority and standard by which we perform any ministry function (2 Timothy 3:16-17). This means that we are committed to biblical preaching and teaching, as well as the regular study of the Word, both individually and corporately.
- We believe in the uniqueness and centrality of Jesus Christ. We believe and proclaim Jesus Christ to be the only Saviour and Lord for humanity (1 Timothy 2:5; Acts 4:12; John 14:6; Romans 10:9).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church. By this we mean 0) Jesus is the Lord, the authority of the Church (Eph 1:22, 5:23), 1) Jesus Christ called the Church into being (Matthew 16:18); 2) through the Holy Spirit empowers the Church in all manners for its mission (1 Corinthians 12-13); and 3) is actively leading the Church through the Word and Spirit. (Ephesians 4:11-16; Colossians 1:18)
- We are committed to white-hot worship of God. We believe that worship is more than just a gathering of people, but that it is a lifestyle. Living our lives in such a way that we give our best to the Lord as an act of worship (Psalm 100:2, Romans 12:1; Colossians 3:16).
- We are committed to reaching out to those who are without Jesus Christ. We believe Godís loving eyes are forever looking outside the Church toward the lost. And we believe Godís true desire is that all come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Further, we believe our primary task is to make disciples of all peoples (Luke 15; 1Timothy 2:4; Matthew 28:19-20). This also includes being committed to issues of justice and mercy (Micah 6:8).
- We are committed to the power of the Holy Spirit and to prayer. We will carry out ministry in the fullness of the Holy Spirit, fueled by fervent prayers (Acts 1:8, 14; 6:1-6; 13:1-3).
- We are committed to building up a caring and authentic community of believers. We will work toward building up a meaningful community of believers with the singular goal of glorifying God through words, actions, and commitments. That is, we are committed to raising up the body of Christ in honesty, respect, sensitivity and intimacy -- bound up in love (Colossians 3:12-17; Hebrews 10:19-25).
- We are committed to all members exercising spiritual gifts to build up the body of Jesus Christ. We believe that each member of the church is gifted by the Holy Spirit to serve. And so each person is important to the body of Christ. We further believe the pastorís and lay leaderís role are to equip every member of the congregation so that each member may be empowered to do ministry (1 Corinthians 12:4-12; Ephesians 4:11-13, 15-16).