Because Marriage is the second most important decision you will ever make (after the decision to become a Christian), we want to ensure that your marriage will get off to a good start. Thus we strongly encourage all couples seeking to get married to sign up for Premarital Counseling Courses. In fact we will not marry you unless you complete this course. This course is offered twice every year - once in the Spring and once in the Fall. Sign up for the course that is offered 3-6 months prior to your wedding date. There is a small fee for this course which covers the cost of the curriculum.
Some things to note.
- The bible teaches that Christians are only to marry Christians (Deut. 7:3-4; 1 Cor 7:39; 2 Cor 6:14). We will not officiate your wedding if a Christian is marrying a non-Christian.
Please introduce your non-Christian partner to an evangelistic bible study like Christianity Explored offered seasonally, so he/she may come to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour. Then sign up for premarital classes.
- The bible teaches that marriage is only between one man and one woman. Same sex unions will not be sanctioned at Young Nak Church.
- If you are a Christian and are co-habitating with your spouse-to-be, and sharing conjugal relations, you are living in sin. We ask that you repent, one of you move out, and remain chaste until your wedding. If you refuse to change your living status, we will not officiate your wedding.
- If you or your spouse have been previously married, please speak to the pastor about this matter.
If you are a member of our church community and if you desire one of our pastors to officiate your wedding, please use the following step-by-step instructions.
- If you wish to be married at Young Nak Church or by a Young Nak Pastor, please fill out the premarital survey and email it to the pastor you'd like to officiate your wedding. The pastor will then contact you to arrange an interview with the couple to discuss matters related to your wedding.
- Sign up with the EM office for the next available premarital class (5 weeks), offered in the spring and fall.
- The date of your wedding should take into consideration the following items.
i) the availability of the officiant;
ii) the availability of the church chapel, either the main or EM chapels. Do this at the church office;
iii) the availability of the banquet hall;
iv) try your best to avoid scheduling your wedding during the Lent season, which begins with Ash Wednesday (46 days before Easter Sunday);
v) and finally, we discourage you from scheduling your wedding on a Sunday.
- The use of one of the YN chapels is allowed for YN members and attendees only. There is no fee to use the chapel. However a love offering can be given to the church if you so desire. Due to the busyness of the church building, it is unlikely you will be able to use the gymnasium for your reception. We suggest you use one of the many nearby restaurant/buffets.
- Reserve the chapel a day or two before your wedding for a rehearsal, in coordination with the pastor’s availability.
- You are responsible for acquiring your own, ushers, musicians, audio and video technicians, and set up and clean up crews. If you need help acquiring one or more of these people, speak to the church office.